Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring!

So far, I am thoroughly enjoying springtime. I thought Mason had missed out on all the snow this winter because he seemed to have a cold every time we had a snow storm, but luckily, Utah always seems to have some crazy spring weather with snow and all.

As soon as it started getting warm out, Mason was ready to mow the lawn with the bubble lawnmower Aunt Mandy and Uncle Derrick gave him for Christmas. He LOVES it!
And even though we had a cold Easter this year, we had a lot of fun trying to find Easter eggs. Mason got to go to the city's Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, and he was thrilled with the one and only egg he managed to snag before all the other kids' parents' raced to the eggs before the little ones could waddle to them. I think Mason actually had more fun after it was all over trying to run away from me in the big, open field while I tried to take his picture.Mason looked for more Easter eggs at Grandma and Grandpa Ashdown's house on Saturday where we also celebrated Great-Grandma Larson's birthday. He actually seemed much more interested in hanging on to Grandpa's cell phone and finding golf balls in the yard than finding Easter eggs.
This has to be my favorite Easter picture of all because he looks so sad about his empty basket, but I think he was just mad that we were making him go inside. Such a sad little face!

3 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

Well, it really is happening, Mason is growing up faster than I can get out to see him! What a doll in every picture!! We all love to watch the videos especially repeatedly! I believe it makes us feel closer to our special nephew, & cousin!! I hope he will rememeber us after our next trip out. My grand plan is to move out there, ya know! We can't wait to see you all, even the kids are asking about Zoe! :) LOVE YOU!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day! 80)

Brenda said...

i have seen that face before, a few years ago, a kasey face. so cute.