Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mason's a Big Boy

We finally made the leap to a big boy bed for Mason. I found this used bed for $50 and had no idea that it was in such bad shape until we got it home. Baron and I took turns sanding it down past the gouges, and I attempted to stain it. It didn't turn out too bad, but it still has some irreparable damage. I guess it will do for a few years until we get bunk beds for both boys.

Regardless of the shape of the bed, Mason was super excited to try it out. He had fun lining up his stuffed animals and books on the shelf.
Since he was so eager to say goodnight, I thought he was going to go right to sleep. Three hours and lots of tears later, he finally zonked out and didn't wake up until 9:30 this morning. For some reason Mason decided that graduating to a big boy bed meant he could now sleep with Mommy and Daddy. It broke my heart listening to him cry every time we took him back to his own bed. Hopefully, he'll get the hang of things before his baby brother comes. I don't think I could handle two crying kiddos at bedtime!

2 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

The bed looks fantastic! I love that he can put things on the little shelve. That shirt he is wearing looks great on him!! Good luck tonight, hopefully it will be a successful attempt putting him to bed. Great job! :)

katester said...

Have no fear, you have most like witnessed the worst of it. Have you seen my post on transitioning Sienna to a big girl bed? It was...a transition to say the least. BUT, it got so much better and now she rarely if ever wakes up in the middle of the night like she did in her crib. Good luck and hang in there! Pretty soon he will catch on and love it.