Monday, August 8, 2011

Mommy and Mason go Camping...

Mason and I had such a great time camping with my family this year at Washington Lake. Baron stayed home with Chase, so I got to relax a little and play with Mason a lot.
It was especially relaxing for me because Mason found a new best friend to play with him. Trevor brought his girlfriend, Mindy and her kids. Her oldest daughter Shae was great with Mason!
Mason kept saying "I need more fire", but I'm not sure if he liked this much fire...
Mason "looked" for fish with Grandpa for a while, but eventually, he found more joy throwing rocks with all the boys. I'm sure the other fishers loved us!
Most of us hiked a mile to Wall Lake where a few of us jumped off a cliff into some REALLY COLD water...

Mason was such a trooper...he hiked most of the first mile by himself, but he got a little tired on the way back (especially since it was hours after his naptime)
We couldn't have asked for better weather! Mason and I both got pretty burnt. His poor face is scabbing up from all of the sun blisters. Everytime I look at him I feel like the worst mom for not applying sunscreen often enough!
I think Mason would say that the sunburn was worth it...He had a great time!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

it looks like you had a last. i'm sure mason didn't mind having you all to himself! i love the pictures of him and his grandpa. he and glen look like twins!

Rachelle & Steve said...

We all sure had a blast with Mason too! I am glad he had such a great time. Maybe next year we can do three nights. None of us were ready to go home. Oh, & maybe your other two boys can join us with Chase being a little older. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!!!