Saturday, July 30, 2011

Accountability

This is the part where I hold myself accountable and make a public announcement about my new plan to eat healthier and lose some weight! If I were really brave, I would post my before photo, but for now, I'm using it as my desktop background on my home computer.

Here's the plan...

I am combining the Paleo Diet (encouraged by Crossfit)


and the Slow-Carb diet (encouraged in the book "The 4-Hour Body").


They both restrict all white carbs (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc) and encourage a large protein intake and a lot of veggies. The Slow Carb diet completely restricts dairy and sugar, including fruits. The good part about the Slow-Carb diet is that it requires one cheat day. In fact, it is important that you binge on the cheat day and spike your calorie intake. Since I definitely want a cheat day, I'm going to follow the Slow-Carb diet, but I may cheat a little by eating a few servings of fruit during the week. If I don't see any results, I guess I'll have to cut the fruit, too. So, starting tomorrow, my menu consists of Omelettes, Taco Soup, Salads, Chicken, Pork chops, and lots of beans and veggies. I think I'll be pretty excited for my cheat day on Saturday!

3 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

Wow, that is some serious commitment! I know you can do it, if anyone can. But from the photo you sent me this evening, you're looking pretty great already! I mean can your face be any more chiseled? :) You are just the person I need to inspire me for the, " Eat To Live" diet I'll be starting after camping. haha

Unknown said...

Ditto Rachelle. Good luck Kasey you can do it!

Lindsay Heitz said...

Kasey, you are amazing! You look amazing too. I wish I had your willpower. Eating is my weakness.