Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkins and Trick-orTreating

Mason had so much fun picking out his very own pumpkin and a pumpkin for Chase in "Pappas" pumpkin patch. My parents had pumpkins coming out of their ears this year, so they've had a lot grandkids and neighbor kids visiting their pumpkin patch this fall!
We also had a lot of fun trick-or-treating, and even more fun handing out candy. We went to Mason's great-grandparents houses first and then to my parent's house before trick-or-treating through my parent's neighborhood. Mason squealed and sprinted to the door every time kids came to my parent's house. The cutest part of the night was when we took Mason to his first house to trick-or-treat, and when the homeowner held out the treat bowl, Mason picked a treat out of his bag and put it in the bowl. When we laughed at him, he took it back and picked out another treat from his bag to see if the guy wanted that one instead. After a while, he finally figured out that he got to take a treat from every house. For the rest of the night we heard, "more treats, more treats!!!" In fact, at 2 am, I woke up to Mason crying, so I went in his room to see what was the matter. In his delirium, he said, "I need more treats. I need more boys and girls (which means he wanted to hand out more candy.)"

Mason and Chase's costumes turned out pretty cute. It is tricky getting Mason to cooperate with wearing elaborate costumes, so this one was perfect!

3 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

I see Halloween was quite the highlight this year! Constant entertainment in your home, especially the little funny guy! LOL I absolutely LOVE the photo of Chase looking up at Mason as he is pointing at him. Priceless, sweet little brothers!! Miss em' terribly!

Unknown said...

I love the costumes!!! Your boys are just too cute!

Lindsay Heitz said...

So cute! My dad would be so proud of Mason's costume :) When I was prego with Ashton I dressed up as a UPS woman and Kelly was a big box which was a "special delivery". The box contained an ultrasound picture of Ashton and thats how we announced our pregnancy. It was fun! I can't believe how big Chase is getting and can I just say that I think your boys look sooo much alike. Does everyone else say that too?