I need to earn about 500 more hours of psychotherapy experience before I can get my LCSW license and practice independently. Hopefully, I'll accomplish that by 2013 and be able to open my own practice offering psychotherapy and hypnotherapy. Very exciting!! And just a little bit scary to think about owning my own business. I'm not sure if I can really wait that long to start using the hypnosis skills I learned, so I'm tossing around the idea of opening a practice that will just offer hypnotherapy and work part-time somewhere as a psychotherapist to earn the experience hours I need.
There is so much to consider with these decisions, particularly the time involved! I have so loved these last many months of being a stay-at-home mom. I've even been able to earn a little money lately doing medical transcription for my sister-in-law, so we've been able to afford to have me at home with the kids. However, I really love being able to help other people, too, and I'd love to be able to have my own practice and determine however many hours I want to work each week. That way I could primarily stay at home and use my experience and education to help others. Too bad I have to endure a busy year or two to get the qualifications I need for my dream job!

3 comments:
Wow!! What an exhilerating feeling this must be for you. I only wish I lived closer, & *maybe* I'd let you try your skills out on me. I know I could use the help. Great job & wishing you a smooth journey getting you to your dream job!! Love you! :)
Congratulations! That is amazing and so interesting. I wish I was still visiting you each month to learn more about it. Good luck with figuring out how to operate your business. that is so exciting!
What a wonderful and new step to take! I know it will be quite then new adventure for you and i wish you all the best!
Post a Comment