It is amazing how quickly four years can go by when they are such a joy! Mason had his fourth birthday today, and we chose to celebrate it all weekend. Yesterday, Baron and I got a babysitter for Chase and took Mason to the Discovery Museum in Salt Lake and then out to lunch. He had a blast with everything there and had a hard time leaving the little kitchen. It was very obvious that he has watched me make eggs for breakfast every day because he sure knew the routine: turn on the stove, crack the eggs, whip them up, pour them in a pan, start frying them up, and serve. So cute to see the joy on his face!
We hurried home after lunch for a nap, and then after naps, Chase joined us for some swimming. Mason has never been one to like the water, but he had a lot of fun this time (although he wouldn't actually put his head under water). I think Chase is going to be our little fish.
We hadn't planned on having a party since Mason gets so overwhelmed by a lot of people, but as his birthday got closer, he started talking about presents, a birthday cake, balloons, and candles, etc....apparently, he's learned a lot over the past year about what a birthday is all about! I decided we better have some people over at least for some birthday cake, only to discover that literally ever aunt, uncle, and cousin within 2 hours of us was out of town this weekend. Thankfully, my friend Krista brought her cute granddaughter Myla over to have birthday cake with us.
Whenever I asked Mason what he wanted for his birthday, he kept telling me a tractor, so I thought it would be cute (and easy) to make him a little tractor cake. Much to my shame, it was a total fail! I was almost done with it (about to add the black frosting and big tires and rice krispie treat hay bales), and wound up screwing it up and throwing it in the garbage and running to buy him an ice cream cake :(
Considering he got a new tractor t-shirt, a tractor flashlight, and a tractor, he forgave me...if only I could forgive myself :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! I don't think I could be more in love with this kid!


















2 comments:
What a great & fun idea to celebrate Mason's bday at the museum!! I love every picture, & wish we could have been there. Thanks for putting in time for this great birthday post!!!
P.S. I can picture your frustration with the tractor cake, but you sure turned it around and made his special day terrific!! :)
Post a Comment