Monday, May 13, 2013

Excitement at Our House!!

The boys weren't too cooperative with a picture, but we still had fun sharing our exciting baby #3 news when we visited Grandma and Grandpa Ashdown's house.  Baby is due on October 5, 2013, and we are SOO excited!

We've been busy getting Chase moved into Mason's room to free up a room for the baby.  I finally felt motivated to finish painting the bookcase Baron built, and love the addition of the bright color!  I am also super proud of myself for managing to fit all of their clothes in one closet and this one chest of drawers.  Thankfully, we had the bunk beds built with some drawers underneath because I don't think I could have squeezed any more clothes in that closet!

We've been excited but nervous about getting the boys bunk beds and having them share a room.  Nervous because I've imagined that bedtime and naptime will become playtime, but the transition has been great!  I have been amazed at how well they have both gone to sleep quietly without talking too much to each other.  I have been even more amazed at Chase transitioning from his crib so easily.  We weren't going to move him into the "big boy bed" for a couple of months, but when we suggested it one night, he and Mason got really excited about it, so we gave it a try.  It didn't go so well, and he wound up back in his crib within about 30 minutes, but that night I had one of my favorite moments as a mother so far...

While we were saying good night to the boys, Chase immediately started bawling, so I layed down on the bed with him.  After Baron left the room, it became apparent that Mason didn't know I was laying on the bed with Chase.  I started hearing Mason whisper little words of comfort like, "Chase, it's okay buddy...there's a nightlight and my fishy tank.  See buddy, it's okay." It was so cute because Chase was lying there cuddling with me and was perfectly quiet, but Mason just kept on going.  He told Chase that Mommy would come back in and give them both kisses, and then everything would be okay.  I especially loved hearing Mason call his little brother "buddy."  It really was the sweetest thing, even though I eventually had to reveal myself to tell Mason to go ahead and be quiet. 

Eventually, Chase went back into his crib for the night, but about one week later, Chase said he was ready to sleep in the big boy bed (without any pushing from Baron or I)...he said this with his lip quivering and a little bit of a cry, but he seemed to know that it was time to step it up and be a big boy.  Since that night, it has been a breeze! Mason has loved sharing his room with his "best brother" (he can't call him his best friend, because they are "special brothers"), and Chase has really been brave and grown up pretty quickly.  


So, the rest of the excitement...



1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

So much excitement for the Goldstein family! I am so thrilled beyond words, & continually refrain from going crazy shopping. :) I love the boys & their room! Can't believe how fast the boys are getting. Such little sweethearts!!