Mason is officially a graduate...from preschool! He has had so much fun attending a preschool right down the street from us with Ms. Debbie and Ms. Katie. He has learned so much and academically is ready for kindergarten. We have been a little bit nervous about sending him this coming fall since he has such a late-summer birthday, and he is definitely on the small side. We are also nervous about how emotional he gets sometimes. After a lot of thought and prayer, we have decided to send him to a private kindergarten where he will be in a small class setting, similar to preschool, but he will be able to learn on a kindergarten level. Hopefully, by next year, I can make up my mind about whether or not he is ready for first grade.
Along with all of the academic stuff, I have enjoyed watching Mason grow socially! Chase and I would walk to pick him up, and I loved watching Mason interact with all of the kids as they left school. He found a "best friend," Cooper, who is also in his class at church, and I love hearing him tell me stories about Cooper and his other new friends. I thought it was funny that he rarely mentioned any of the girls in his class, which is kinda relieving that he isn't going through that stage yet! From his teachers, I've also learned that all of Mason's stories at school revolve around Chase. I love that he likes to show off his brother and has made it clear to his class that Chase is his "best brother." Chase has put on his little backpack and walked Mason to and from school each day and has gotten to know all of Mason's friends. As we walk away, it is fun to hear both of my boys shouting "goodbyes" and "see ya laters" to all of the kids. Chase seems to have no idea that he isn't one of the big boys.
Mason's graduation ceremony was really cute, filled with demonstrations of all the things they've learned throughout the year. I didn't get many great pictures of the actual ceremony, but I got a few cute ones when they sent off their symbolic balloons and said goodbye to teachers and friends.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
So glad I checked your blog to find this darling little graduate! Amazes me how fast both the boys have grown. Maybe it's because I don't get to see them as often as I would like. I loved to hear how Chase figures he's one of the 'big boys'! Really great that Mason can attend a private kindergarten.:) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment