What made the day extra special was that Remy got to wear the dress that I was blessed in along with the cutest sweater, bonnet, and blanket my Grandma Larson crocheted for me when I was a baby. Grandma also crocheted some darling sandals several years ago, and I convinced her that I was definitely having a girl for my last baby, so I've been saving them for years knowing that Remy would be joining our family and would need them :)
I get really sentimental about handmade things and about my grandparents, so I was thrilled that Grandma and Grandpa Larson came along with my Grandma Ashdown. I keep coming across the sweet picture of Grandma and Grandpa Ashdown holding Chase when he was a newborn, and I feel deeply saddened that he didn't get to be a part of Remy's blessing circle, but I know that he was there in spirit and likely knows Remy better than all of us.
Just for fun, here's the picture of me in the dress. It doesn't look like I was the happiest baby either :)







1 comment:
I told Steve about her blessing after the fact, & he really wanted to be there. Darn! I am sorry I couldn't be there. She sure is one beautiful baby girl!!! I am sure Grandpa knows her better than anyone, & bet he was right there beside Grandma:) I sure love the sandals & dress. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment