Thursday, January 9, 2014

3 and Three

Remy just turned 3 months old and she is a delight!  We are loving this little girl and the joy that she brings into our home!  She is having to be a trooper all the time, whether it is putting up with her wrestling brothers, getting in and out of her carseat for the kindergarten schedule and the gym, or even going outside to snow blow the driveway with mommy.  I'm sure this is very typical for the third child, and I've actually noticed that she seems happy when it is noisy and we are busy. 


The day after Remy turned 3 months old, her #1 fan turned three-years-old!  Chase is so full of personality and energy and is so much fun at this age.  He can also be quite the handful, but his sweetness makes up for all the naughtiness.  We call him the sweet-and-sour kid because he can punch you in the gut one minute and then follow it up with the sweetest, most sincere hug and kiss.  We had a great time celebrating his birthday. On Saturday, Grandma and Grandpa Ashdown watched Remy while the rest of us rode the train (the Frontrunner) down to Salt Lake and played at the Discovery Museum.  When we got home, we had some cupcakes (which Mommy went the lazy route on this year) and ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa.  On his actual birthday, we had our favorite babysitter, Lynea, watch Remy while we took the boys to Tepanyaki for dinner.  Chase loved it all: the fire, the chopsticks, and the birthday ice cream.  I felt a little bad that we didn't have a big party, but Chase didn't seem to mind at all.  He was thrilled with his birthday ribbon that he got to wear around for days and enjoyed telling everyone "I'm the birthday boy!"  We love this kid!


2 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

2239Three months already! Wow! It really is hard to be far away, & miss out on these kinds of events. Looks like a really awesome birthday for Chase, but then you always go all out on everything you do. Thanks for the fabulous pictures!

Rachelle & Steve said...

oops, disregard the numbers. I don't know how they got there when I was logging in & they always make you type in a code..