Friday, January 31, 2014

My Cabbage Patch Obsession

Anyone who knew me as a child knew that I loved my Cabbage Patch Kids. I honestly truly thought of them as my own little children and shed many tears over leaving them all alone when leaving the house. When I went to first grade, I even paid my three year-old brother to babysit for me.  When we went on family vacation, I left them in a closet with a light on and enough food to "survive" the weeks alone. When I went to my BFF's house to play, we sobbed and sobbed over the horror of her teenage sister allowing her Cabbage Patch Kids to collect dust on a shelf.  I celebrated each of their birthdays with the same enthusiasm I celebrate my kids' birthdays today.  I can't believe I am going to admit this...I even pulled them out of storage when I visited my parents during college, and after my parents went to bed one night, I stayed up to fix my "Kids" hair.  So, it should come as no surprise that I think this hat my sister-in-law, Bonnie, gave me (made by her mother) is the best baby accessory ever!!

A childhood dream come true :)

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

She is by far the CUTEST Cabbage patch ever!!! I can't wait to see her in it!:)