Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Kindergarten Graduation - Take 1


So, I figured since Mason will be going to the "big kindergarten" next year, I wouldn't be too sad about him graduating from the "little kindergarten" this year, but I shed some definite tears! I can't quite pinpoint what I was feeling, but among my feelings was pride in how hard this little guy worked all year and that significant progress he made in such a short time.  I also felt sad that he won't see his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Stott, and some of his friends again, and I don't think he fully understands this yet.  I also felt emotional about the fact that he has grown up so quickly, and he is already so independent.  And lastly, I felt so relieved and satisfied that we made such a great decision (even with the financial sacrifice) to put Mason in the private kindergarten this year at Bravo.  He only had 11 students in his class, so his teacher could really address is individual needs and work with him one-on-one more.  I think he learned a lot about social skills and learned to be a little more resilient when his feelings were hurt.  He should be more than prepared to start kindergarten at the charter school next year and will still be on the small-size among his peers but hopefully ahead socially and academically. Above everything else, I just want Mason to enjoy school and feel confident that he can work hard and have fun learning!

Mason was THE CUTEST with his presentation.  His teacher told me that he picked the hardest one, "Metamorphosis," and Mason told me he picked it because it started with an "M," just like his name.  He nailed it!



1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

So proud of Mason, he truly still melts my heart!! I can relate to each & every emotion you felt & do so every year. I know he will thrive each year especially with having a smart & clever mama who taught him so much, before he even started preschool. :)