Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Happened to Our Big Boy?

Baron and I took Mason to see the doctor for his 4 month check-up. It has been 2 months since we've had him weighed and measured, so of course, I was so excited to see how much he's grown. As it turns out, we found out how much he hasn't grown. Mason went from the 75th percentile in weight when he was born at 9 lbs 10 oz, and now he is only in the 6th percentile at 12 lbs. 1 oz. At least he is still getting longer. The doctor wasn't too worried about his size because of his activity level. I, on the other hand, felt an immediate need to hurry home and feed the little guy.

On the bright side, Mason handled his shots like a champ and has been his usual happy self all day. Just to prove that he is working extra hard at his age, tonight he showed me that he can almost sit up all by himself now. As soon as I layed him against the boppy, I watched him crunch his abs and pull himself upright. He sat there with his arms resting on the boppy like he had armrests on his chair. Eventually, he saw his toes, and his head started making its way toward them. I'm sure they'll be the next body part he starts shoving in his mouth.






1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

Wow it makes me want to see him even more! He really is a PURE DOLL! I am going to hog him on turkey day!