Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to Blogging

Obviously, blogging was the furthest thing from my mind during the holidays and amid our recent stress of selling/buying a new home. On Christmas Eve, we finally had a buyer make an offer on our condo. Of course, we accepted since no one else seems to be looking to buy it. Since then, we've been hunting for a new home. We thought we had found a great home for a great price, and everything was going smoothly, until we did our inspection of the place last week. The owner came home in the middle of the inspection and let us know that she no longer wants to sell the place and intends to cancel the contract. We've been on a mad dash to find another home for the last week. We found a great one about twenty minutes west of here, but I'm not too excited about the location. It is going to make it much harder for me to work and arrange babysitting for Mason. We'll be out of our condo in less than two weeks, and we'll probably end up living with my parents until we can get into the new home. We're hoping that our buyer will let us rent it back from her for a week or so. I am so anxious for everything to settle down in the next month!

Aside from the house stress, we had a wonderful Christmas. We celebrated early with the Goldstein side of the family because Mandy and Derrick were in town with their kids. We had a lot of fun seeing Mason interact with his cousins. His little cousin, Sydney, was especially fond of him. She made it her responsibility to keep his binky in his mouth at all times, unless she was busy playing tug-of-war with Zoe. She's such a doll!









We went to my parents' house on Christmas Eve for our traditional candelight dinner, and we stayed until Christmas evening. Mason didn't really get into opening presents, so I'm glad I decided just to get him a few little things. Baron and I got ourselves a video camera for Christmas, so once we figure out how to use it, I can start putting videos on the blog.


1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

I am so glad you have a blog since I am too far away from my darling little nephew to see in person! I love every picture I've ever seen of Mason! Especially the patchwork hat he was recently seen in! So does he like the toy shown in the picture that the balls pop out? Brinlee used to have one. She loved it. I hope everything goes smoothly with the the new house/condo/moving!