Since Baron and I both have our birthdays in January, each year we celebrate by going out to eat somewhere a little more expensive than the usual night out. We had never been to The Melting Pot, so we decided to give it a try. Actually, we've never even tried fondue, so this was really a new experience for us. We decided to go all out and have the 4-course meal: cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue, and of course, the chocolate dessert fondue. The verdict: glad we tried it, but we probably won't be going again. It was a little pricey for our appetites. We've always enjoyed going out to eat together because both of us like to eat until our pants are too tight...or at least that is how I usually feel. Baron's first question for the waiter is usually, "What's the biggest thing you have?" I think this place was a little more about the experience than the quantity or quality of food. The best part about the night was that Mason's Aunt Adriene offered to watch him, so that we could have a night to ourselves for a change. That didn't mean that we didn't call Aunt Adriene a couple of times just to see how the little guy was doing, and of course, I couldn't wait to get home to give him some goodnight kisses!
I was a little bummed last week about turning 30, but in all reality, there is nothing to be sad about with such a great husband and with such a loveable little boy... and I keep reminding myself that I'll never be as old as Baron :)

3 comments:
So, how old is Baron? I can say the same with Steve! lol That always makes me feel better too! What a great way to celebrate each year. Sounds really fun. I would love to be 30 again. That sounds young to me! You two look great! Who took the pictures? Figuring out your new camera yet?
I love the melting pot but agree that it is waayyy to expensive. It is fun to go in a big group because you can try different menu items.
Happy Belated B-Day!!!
Happy Birthday to you! 30 is the new 16, right? Ha ha.
Your little guy is so cute! He is getting so big!
Post a Comment