Today was our semi-annual church-in-pajamas day where we get to stay home and watch the broadcast conference of the leaders of our church speaking. If there is one thing I needed to hear, it was a lesson on handling challenges in our lives. The speaker (who I just found out was Travis's mission president) suggested four things we need to do to get through our trials, and the one that I'm adopting as my new motto is "Be of Good Cheer!" He said that when we feel like groaning, we should try laughing instead (I should have Baron coach me on this because laughing seems to be his natural reaction to everything). I should know by now that thinking about the things that stress me out or make me sad only make me more stressed out or more sad. It is amazing how simple it really is, but I needed the reminder that a not-so-cheery attitude will make it difficult to fully enjoy the good things in my life...and I have a lot of good things in my life.
So, speaking of the good things in my life, I finally pulled out my camera and took a few pictures of Mason. It seems like he is growing up so fast, so I need to stop being a slacker with the camera. 



2 comments:
What a cutie...such beautiful eyes!! I loved conference, too (pajamas, french toast, and prophets...doesn't get much better than that)!
You are definetly right about Mason growing so fast! I still can't believe within, or less than a month he has changed already! I will take, "Be Of Good Cheer" to heart the next few weeks of my mind blowing stress! lol Thanks for the great pics & message! :)
Post a Comment