Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mason's 1!

Mason 1st birthday was on Wednesday, and we had a little party for him yesterday. I probably made a bigger deal out of it than necessary since he'll never remember this birthday, but it was a lot of fun getting together with the family. I was really excited for the excuse to try making a cake since I've never really attempted to decorate one. It turned out much better than I expected...I honestly thought I'd end up throwing it away and buying a cake! Maybe next time I'll try something a little harder...

Mason was a little shy at first, and definitely overwhelmed by all of the people giving him attention, but hey, it was his party, and he could cry if he wanted to!Eventually, he warmed up to everyone, was held A LOT, played with lots of new toys, and of course, ate some cake. Actually, he threw most of the cake on the ground and only ate a little.

After eating cake and falling into a puddle of rootbeer, Baron gave Mason a bath after the party and decided to try out a new look.
I was trying to squeeze in my P90X workout before going to bed, so please excuse the wall squat in the background.

2 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

Oh! I love the pictures!! An inflatable monkey, you did go all out! Plus the cake is just darling, I know I couldn't do that well! I was going to ask who's sexy legs those were!!! Mason looks just cute as ever. I can't stand it much longer, I HAVE to see him! Thanks for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Your cake turned out fab!!! Me and cakes we just don't get along unless they are goin in my belly of course! I have P90X too I should really do it I hear alot of really good things about it!!! I need to get rid of my belly fat but I just have a hard time with it any suggestions?