Sunday, February 7, 2010

Better Late than Never

I never got around to blogging last month, but I think that January was full of some blog-worthy events . I did a terrible job of taking pictures, but I'll be sure to make up for it next time!

The first event was my 31st birthday which consisted of going to work, going to the gym, ordering pizza, and going to bed early. Pretty typical day, except I actually took a yummy lunch to work with me, complete with birthday cake and all....thanks Mom!

The weekend after my birthday was particularly eventful because my very close high school friend, Jenica, made a trip to Utah to see me and meet Mason. The time went by too quickly, but we had a great time catching up. It just so happened that another friend from high school (more like junior high), Melissa, was in town from Arizona the same weekend. It was so fun talking about both motherhood and pregnancy with Jenica and Melissa since both are expecting. I can't wait to have more friends to share mommy-stories with! Both are going to be fantastic mothers!

Jenica and I

Jenica, Melissa, and I
A couple of days after Jenica left, Baron went in for his 3rd shoulder surgery. He recovered like a champ and was back to work two days later on his birthday. Crazy guy! I went ahead and made a vacation out of his surgery and took most of the week off. It was wonderful to be a stay-at-home mom for almost a week!

The weekend after Baron's surgery, my parents babysat, so Baron and I could go out to celebrate both of our birthdays. It was nice to have a night to ourselves, and Mason had a wonderful time playing with Grandma and Grandpa. We got to celebrate our birthdays again the following weekend with Baron's family. They treated us to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Thaifoons.

If 2010 is going to be any kind of reflection of January, we are in for a busy, but exciting year!

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

So glad I stopped by your blog to see your new post! Seriously, you & Jenica haven't aged at all! So cool you got to see both your very good friends! Even cooler of Jennica to come visit! Amazing Baron recovers so quickly, & happy you got a break! :) Now where is baby Mason?! ;)