
No more guiltily having my mom babysit every week...
No more greeting Baron when he gets home from work with a kiss goodbye...
No more declining almost every social invite because I have to work at night...
No more cursing my wardrobe of work clothes that are a size too small...
No more hauling my breast pump to work and awkwardly asking my male office partner to leave...
No more saying goodbye to my sweet kiddos, as I run off to help other people's not-so-sweet teenagers...
I've been working just a couple of days a week since Chase was born up until Wednesday, my last day as a full-time employee of the Division of Juvenile Justice Services. A few years ago, I didn't even know what SAHM stood for, and now I get to be one. I've been dreaming of this for as long as I can remember, but as the day got closer, I got more and more nervous. Nervous because I've realized that being a stay-at-home mom means...
No more using my full-time job as an excuse for a messy house...
No more letting Baron worry about dinner for himself and Mason while I'm at work at night...
No more fulfilling all of my social needs with my coworkers...
No more running to work to escape cranky kids...
No more validation or appreciation from coworkers or clients...
No more second income or double coverage insurance...
I've gained a whole new appreciation for the moms out there who stay home with their kids so selflessly. Although it is a huge sacrifice, I'm excited for...
more time to play with my kids...
more time to teach my kids...
more nights at home to make dinner for my family...
more opportunities to socialize and participate in my ward's activities (and hopeful more courage to be social, too)
more time to be crafty, and maybe even decorate my house...
more time to share with Baron...
more kisses and hugs from the cutest two little boys I know...
I'm am so grateful that Baron is so supportive of me staying home. He has been working like crazy to make a some extra money, so that we can afford this change. Despite some of my concerns about him working long hours, he has still been willing to help me as soon as he gets home from work. I'm not sure I could do all this without a supportive husband who will give me opportunities to have some "me" time at the end of the day!
Although I'll probably start working part-time again down the road, I'm going to make the most of the days ahead staying at home. Hopefully, I won't have to work full-time again until my kids are all grown up.

7 comments:
I'm so excited for you to finally get to be a stay at home Mom! Most of all I hope you can swing it for a lot longer than you expect to. Way to go on getting down so quickly you can fit into your clothes already!! You are such an amazing mother! :)
Actually Rachelle, I haven't gotten down to my regular size...that is the problem. There are about 2 pairs of pants that I can actually squeeze into for work, but I have plenty of comfy clothes to wear around the house :)
Thank heaven for comfy clothes! When I'm home you can usually bet I'm in a pair of jammies. lol I know you will be down in no time, especially since you stayed so small with Chase! :)
That is so awesome!!!But I'm sure your mom will go through grandkid withdrawls. 80)
Yeah! I am so excited for you to stay home with your kids. It really is a huge sacrafice that you will be so grateful for making as your kids get bigger. They are only little once. Be excited that you can and take advantage of it! Miss you!
happy for you. I loved it! Still do.
I remember the feeling of excitement and panic at the same time when I quit my job. After being employed for so long, it's a strange feeling! But I'm so happy for you--being a SAHM is challenging in a different way, but great!
Post a Comment