Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mason!!

I can't believe how quickly time flies! Yesterday was Mason's 3rd birthday!

Rather than a party this year, Baron and I thought we'd celebrate Mason's birthday by taking him out with the two of us without his baby brother. He hasn't had mommy and daddy to himself since Chase was born. While waiting for daddy to get home from work, Mason and I celebrated with special heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast (which he actually ate!) and lots of birthday spankings and kisses. Mason kept wanting more spankings, so he'd point to his bottom and say "More my bum-bum."

Once Baron got home, we opened presents. Mason was more enthusiastic about his balloons than his presents. In fact, he was completely afraid of the new bike that I was so excited about. He's been much more brave today, so maybe he'll like it more than the balloons soon.

After presents, Aunt Adriene came to watch Chase while we went to the Living Planet Aquarium. Mason loved the penguins and watching the sting rays in the water. The jelly fish and octopus scared him, so he'd just shake his finger at them and tell them that they were naughty...or in Mason-language, they were "Nar nar".



After the Aquarium, we went out to eat, and then headed home for some birthday cake. Even though we didn't have a party, I wanted Mason to have a cake, so I made him this little car cake. I was hoping the pictures would hide the flaws, but they didn't :(



1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

What a fun 3rd Birthday for Mason! Time really does fly doesn't it!! But no matter how many b-days later, he'll always be your baby! :) BTW: What flaws on the cake? It looks super darling!