Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mason's Cowboy Birthday


                                       

We had so much fun celebrating Mason's 5th birthday this year.  He got to have a "friend party," and we decided on a cowboy theme since Grandpa Ashdown got him some pretty sweet cowboy gear for Christmas.  I had fun planning the games and decorations and such although this definitely won't be a yearly thing for me!

"Cowboy Up"
 
Fondant looks so easy, but it really isn't!  One day I'll get it down...

"Feed yer calf" game





 
"Horse Races"
 "Rope the calf" (We pretended anyway)


The Cowboy Stand-In
 He was so excited about having everyone sing to him!  It was super cute seeing him all lit up!


 Cousins (6 weeks apart)


 "Thanks for Coming Ya'll"


 Of course I've been all sentimental looking back at baby pictures, and I just can't believe Mason is 5 years old already.  It makes me sad, but at the same time, I love seeing his personality come out more and more. It's amazing how unique and different each of our boys are, and what stands out to me the most about Mason is his tender heart and thoughtfulness.  Just the other day, I cut my finger pretty bad, and while Chase was laughing at me, Mason was crying and asking if I would be okay.  He is so quick to recognize someone's emotions and asks me all the time if I'm happy...usually when he can visibly see I'm frustrated.  He will quickly give Chase a hug or a toy to cheer him up and has been so good about sharing all of his birthday presents with his "best brother."  I seriously love this sweet kid of mine more and more each day!

2 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

What an amazing & very creative party!! So much thought & effort in every detail is truly amazing! What a fun year for Mason turning 5. You can really tell he had the best time. What a great mommy you are!!! Thanks for the blog, & great shots you took!:)Definitely one party we surely missed out on.

Rachelle & Steve said...

I did leave out what I love about Mason most, is his sweet & tender heart. Just like his mama! He just always melts my heart!!!