Mason has been so excited about "Parent Day" at school! Baron took a break from work even and came with me to watch Mason's little program and see what he has been learning. To our surprise, Mason played us a little piano piece and showed us some more sign language that he has been learning. I also felt reassured that having him repeat Kindergarten next year is the best decision. He is clearly so much smaller than the other kids, and he seems to be a little more distracted. I know he would do fine academically, but I really want him to feel confident about school. He's always telling me that so-and-so is such a smart kid, and when I tell him that he is a smart kid, he laughs and says, "I'm not a smart kid, Mom!" Things like that make me so sad, so I am excited about holding him back and giving him a chance to build up some confidence when it comes to learning. Not to mention, he is such a sensitive little guy, so I'm hoping with another year under his belt, he won't have quite so many crying episodes at school. I'm so glad we chose to put him in private Kindergarten this year though instead of preschool again. He has loved every bit of it, and his teacher, Mrs. Stott, tells me that he is a determined little guy. at school. He just jumps right in and tries to do everything the other kids are doing, even when he doesn't fully understand what he is supposed to do. I'm so so proud of him!


1 comment:
What a treat to see this post!! You may be purchasing a piano someday for your talented big boy! I think you made the best decision repeating kindergarten, even though he sure looks like he fits in perfectly. I sure know the feeling with my sensitive 2nd grader. Love that nephew of mine & the videos sure put a smile on this face!:)
Post a Comment