Saturday, April 5, 2014

Potty Genius

Some kids have body smarts, some kids have book smarts, this kid has potty smarts!  He has been SO EASY to potty train!  I'm figuring that we waited much longer than needed.  Chase was always pretty adamant about wanting to stay in diapers. Whenever I told him he was getting to be a big boy now, he would tell me, "No, I'm just wittel," and he would show me with his thumb and index finger just how little he is.  Since I knew he was more than aware of when he was about to go poop in his diaper, I decided enough was enough and told him his diapers were all gone.  He has had two little accidents in a week! And he wakes up from naps and bedtime totally dry!! This kid is so good at this potty training business that he drove me nuts the other day getting out of bed every 10 minutes to go potty and waking up his napping baby sister every time.  He did, in fact, save a little pee for each trip to the potty so I would have to give him a high five instead of a scolding.  So, now Chase is telling me, "I'm a big big boy," and I'm saying he is a potty genius!

No comments: