Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mason is 6!


I can't believe I have a 6-year-old...so cliche but so true!  We've had a fun time celebrating his birthday since Saturday.  No big party this year, but he did invite his best friend and his friend's brother to go play at the Kangaroo Zoo and have lunch with us on Saturday.  Afterwards, we just celebrated as a family with opening presents and having an Iron Man ice cream cake from Cold Stone.  I thought I would feel guilty about not slaving over a cake this year, but I don't...not at all.  Mason had fun picking out his own cake design, and we all prefer eating ice cream cake over regular cake anyway.  It was perfect.  Chase kept singing "Happy Birthday to Mason" all day, so I had to catch a little on video.  Such a sweetie pie.  In fact, Chase was so nice all day about letting Mason get all of the attention and all of the new toys.  And Mason was even nice about sharing his new toys...for the most part.
On his actual birthday, we opened the rest of his presents, went to the splash pad, and had dinner at Tepanyaki...that is turning into a birthday tradition.  It turned out to be a great day, and Mason is already looking forward to his next birthday.

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

I can't believe Mason is 6 already too! Still such a doll!! You went all out for his day & we loved seeing the pictures! How sweet of Chase to be so sweet & really is amazing at such a young age. Such special kids!!!