Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Another summer, another Ashdown campout

The boys LOVE going camping with my family every summer, so I just couldn't tell them no this year, even though Daddy would be out of town and we'd have Remy in tow. We drove up to Moon Lake for just one night and two days and had a great time, aside from a few meltdowns from a certain 3 year old who skipped his nap. Remy did great! If it hadn't been so cold in our tent, she probably would have slept all night in her portacrib, but I ended up holding her most of the night on my air mattress. We went on little hikes and I even got to go for a little trail run while Aunt Rachelle watched the kids. I'm not sure if it was worth all the packing and clean up just for one night, but the kids have gone on and on about how much they like camping and how fun it was, and it was fun for the family to see what a fun baby Remy is! Besides, I would have just been home trying to entertain the kids and break up fights by myself!
One of the highlights was this little tree climbing experience because Mason has been wanting to climb a tree for so long, and we just don't have a climbing tree at our house. 
The boys always want to know where Grandpa is and are so interested I'm whatever he is doing. Grandpa's breakfast is one if my favorites parts of camping for sure!
Remy loved hiking! Even when it started pouring rain on us!
Just a happy little girl! And pretty darn flexible!

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

I know our family campout is my kids' favorite time all summer long! So glad it was worth the work packing/cleaning up. I miss the trio of cuties already & glad I could hold baby Remy! I couldn't keep my eyes off the little beauty!:)