Monday, October 25, 2010

California

Yesterday, we got back from a little vacation to California to visit Baron's brother Derrick and his family. We had a wonderful time, and I was pleasantly surprised by Mason's cooperation on the 11-drive there and back. We had one rough day of meltdowns, meaning Mason threw temper tantrums all day and after about his 5th timeout, Mommy had a mini-meltdown of her own. I believe it was inspired by pregnancy hormones. Overall, Mason played great with his cousins and his aunt and uncle. Baron and I even went out for a night while Derrick and Mandy watched Mason for us. The only thing I regret about our vacation is that I hardly took any pictures! I thought that having kids would make me camera-happy, but I still find myself ignoring that little voice in my head that tells me to get the camera out. Here are a few of the pictures I did take:Mason testing out the beach with his bare feet

Daddy trying to coax him toward the waves

Mason's conclusion: Sand and waves are not our friends

He had a lot more fun at the playground on the beach. (with his shoes on)

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

What fun pictures!! Too bad he didn't enjoy the ocean! Of course he takes the most adorable pictures! I can hardly wait to see him again! Thanks for sharing these.