It has been fun (and sometimes frustrating) comparing Chase to Mason at each stage. I hadn't anticipated them being so different! Chase has such an easy-going, sweet temperament while Mason was constantly needing entertainment to keep him happy. Chase loves being held while Mason just wanted to stand up ALL the time, which is probably why Mason's neck and legs were stronger much more quickly. The biggest difference is that getting Chase to take naps has been a bit of a nightmare while Mason has been a great sleeper since day one. In fact, Mason still takes a 2-3 (sometimes 4) hour nap every day. Oftentimes, Mason is actually begging me to go night-night (which is partially because he still gets to have his binky at bedtime).
I have been going a little bit (and sometimes a lot) crazy trying to get Chase to take naps and sleep through the night, and I think he finally turned the corner about a week ago. He is now sleeping for about 10 hours at night and taking two naps 2 - 2 1/2 hours long. I wish he would take a long 3rd nap, too, but right now his 3rd nap lasts for exactly 30 minutes. I don't know what made him start sleeping better...it certainly wasn't me. It may just be that I had to accept that Chase is a different baby from Mason, and I've had to learn to appreciate even one good stretch of sleep a day. Baron and I have been so amazed at Chase's sweet, good-natured personality, and we keep saying that if he would just sleep, he would truly be a perfect baby. Well, now that he's been sleeping good for over a week now, he's even happier and sweeter than ever!
I feel so blessed that this sweet little guy is mine! He has brought endless joy into our home!
HAPPY 4 MONTHS, CHASE! WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:
Aunt Rachelle loves you too baby, Chase!! Happy four months! I can't imagine a sweeter little guy than when I saw him last, when he wasn't sleeping well. I think I may need another trip out. ;) Love you & thanks for the darling pictures! :)
Post a Comment