Sunday, May 15, 2011

"My, Me, MINE"

Mason's favorite word has been "mine" for about 2 weeks now. Sometimes, it has been amusing, but most of the time, it is aggravating. According to Erikson, this is a classic example of a 2 year-old trying to achieve autonomy, but it really tries my patience when I have him screaming "MY FOOD" as I blow on his first bite of dinner to attempt to cool it down.

Today, I think Mason got a little carried away with this autonomy-business...

This morning sounded like this:
Me - "Mason, let's change your stinky diaper."
Mason - "MY POO! MY BUM-BUM! MY POO!!!"

And later, while playing outside on this blustery day, Mason throws his hands up to the sky and shouts at the wind..."HEY!! MY HAIR, MY HAIR!"

At least I'm not the only one getting an earful!

3 comments:

Rachelle & Steve said...

Had a good laugh at this post! I know how that can be aggrivating, though. I can feel Mason's pain when the wind is blowing "my" hair around! LOL And what is it with boys & their protectiveness over their poop!? :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Oh this sounds just like Emery!

Unknown said...

What a funny little guy even though it's probably not that funny to you! I love that he noticed the wind mussing up his hair. 80)