Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

We had our usual Easter egg hunt at my parents' house this year, but this time all of the guys went to help Grandma Ashdown move into her new house, which happens to be my Grandma and Grandpa Larson's house they decided to sell while living at the assisted living center.  It is kind of weird but exciting at the same time!  Grandma Ashdown seemed a little overwhelmed about moving, which is understandable.  I feel pretty sad about it myself since I feel like her old house has all of my memories of Grandpa in it, and I won't get to go there again, so I'm sure Grandma is feeling a lot of grief with the move too!  

The boys had a blast looking for eggs.  They knew exactly what they were doing this year and scored a lot of candy!  Chase announced "Egg" every time he saw one, so basically he was just saying "egg, egg, egg" nonstop for awhile there.  We had a little lunch and then headed home for naps and called that good enough for the Easter fun. I don't think I really want to get crazy with teaching my kids about eggs and an Easter bunny, so I felt good about our little celebration.


We hid a few more eggs for them on Sunday morning and spent the rest of the morning trying to get them ready in their Easter outfits and get some pictures.  It is so hard to get them to sit still for a picture, so we did the best we could.  Their Easter outfits are basically going to be their outfits for family pictures this weekend, so hopefully those pictures turn out better than the ones I captured!

1 comment:

Rachelle & Steve said...

We sure loved spending any amount of time we can get with you guys this Easter. LOVE all the pictures & am missing your darling little trio already!! Thanks for the awesome post!:)